Make an enquiryTo send a message simply fill out the form below.
Email this PageTo send a message simply fill out the form below.
CHETHAM AND WOOLLEY STONEWARE PITCHER WITH US EMBLEMS
Dated: c. 1800 to c. 1815 Staffordshire
The stoneware felsparic pitcher is well modelled and crisply decorated with American motifs. The jug would date to the early 19th century and is the work of Chetham and Wooley who were based in Longton, Staffordshire in 1793 until 1821. The partnership was responsible for developing a new ceramic body - semi-transparent stoneware, properly termed Fieldspathic Stoneware. In its day, the Chetham & Woolley factory occupied a very important position in the Staffordshire ceramics industry.
Medium: Felsparic stoneware
Current Condition No restoration or damages
Provenance: Collection of a Lady.